University of Derby Corporate (UDC) has been recognised by the Times Higher Education Magazine as being the best in the UK for its employer engagement. The Outstanding Employer Engagement Initiative award recognises UDC's strategic and innovative approach to delivering employers' workforce development needs through accreditation and work based learning.
UDC delivers work based learning programmes and accredited qualifications that improve key capabilities such as service, innovation, leadership and problem solving. Using academic rigour and commercial experience, they develop relevant and robust solutions that enable clients to achieve Progress through people.
The award judges commented that, “UDC delivers a comprehensive, in-depth and professional business-to-business service. Derby has amassed an impressive portfolio of major UK and international company clients. It shows the sector just what can be achieved with the necessary commitment and leadership."
Clients include Citibank, Vinci Construction and Dixon’s Retail.
University of Derby Factfile
The University of Derby...
- Is home to 20,000 students from the UK and overseas
- Won 'Outstanding Employer Engagement' & 'Outstanding Contribution To The Local Community' at the Times Higher Education Awards 2011
- Achieved University status in 1992. Professor John Coyne has been the University's Vice-Chancellor since the summer of 2004.
- Has sites at Kedleston Road, Markeaton Street and Britannia Mill in the city centre. It also has a £23m-award-winning campus in Buxton in the Peak District.
- Was ranked 22nd 'greenest' out of 142 UK universities in an environmental report by the People & Planet League.