Did you know that a component manufactured within Saxony-Anhalt forms a part of every car built in Germany. Specialists who supply VW, Daimler, BMW, Opel, Porsche and all major original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) with components are located within the State where there is a core cluster of businesses supplying the automotive industry.
In fact a total of 260 supply sector businesses employing some 23,000 specialists are present in Saxony-Anhalt working in important fields such as drive technology, lightweight construction or e-mobility. IFA Rotorion in Haldensleben is the largest single supplier and European market leader in the manufacture of longitudinal shafts that transmit the torque from the engine/gearbox unit to the axle differential.
Industry related research and development has been centred on the regional Institute for competence in AutoMobility (IKAM) and the Cluster “MAHREG Automotive” ensures the close interconnection between industry and science.
Around 260 companies with over 23,000 employees
Leading position in competency cluster “Aluminium – alloy development and innovative casting methods “ within the ACOD (Automotive Cluster of Eastern Germany)
- Light metal casting
- Engineering services
- Powder metallurgy
- High performance composites
- Custom machines
- Efficient processes due to proximity of large automobile manufacturers
- Central location in Germany and Europe
- OEM Plants (Original Equipment Manufacturer) such as VW, Daimler, BMW, Opel and Porsche are less than 150 km away
- Optimum conditions for technological companies thanks to the excellent science and research structure
- Cluster management by MAHREG Automotive